Saturday, April 20, 2013

Ral Partha's Galactic Grenadiers, 1980


Here are some photos of the Galactic Grenadiers 15mm figures from Ral Partha's 1980 game, painted and based on US pennies. In my humble opinion, these over thirty-year-old sculpts are still some of the finest 15mm SF miniatures out there, and they have some stiff competition! I've had these guys since the mid-eighties, and I recently bought a second set on eBay which I haven't painted yet.





While I love the figures, I remember the game they were made for as being pretty crap. This is based solely on memories of the few times we tried playing it 25+ years ago, so I might dust off the rules and try a solo game to refresh my memory.



Ral Partha made additional miniatures for the 15mm Galactic Grenadiers line, and I'd be interested in acquiring more of these models. If anyone out there has any to sell, trade, or donate, let me know in the comments or via email!


2 comments:

  1. Just found this post thanks to Google after digging out my copy of the game. I was looking for ideas for paint schemes and I like what you've done with them. I'm thinking of painting mine for some old school sci-fi gaming projects. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found about 40 of these figures in an old box. Searched everywhere to identify them. I like how you painted them. I know your blog is old but good to see it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete