Monday, August 27, 2012

First figures of the challenge

As I mentioned in the last post, I've set myself a challenge to drastically reduce the number of unpainted figures in the house before the Reaper Bones Kickstarter loot gets here in March. Here are the first figures I pulled out of the pile of old lead - a Grenadier wizard from 1982, and two late eighties / early nineties Ral Partha female fighters.

A Reaper vampiress, with the bit of scenery and demon bat familiar she came with. These are fairly recent, 2006 maybe, but I neglected to look at the bottom of the base for a date before blue-tacking them to bottle caps, and now I can't be bothered to take them off and check.

Finally, an early eighties Grenadier demon and a fairly rotten plastic orc from Zvezda. The orc is part of a cheap box set I bought a few years ago, figuring they couldn't be all that bad, but I have to admit they're pretty dire. This guy is only the third I've put together, and the second fell apart almost immediately, so he's the only one assembled and unpainted.

This is the chieftain of the set - He actually painted up pretty well, but no paint job can truly save a sculpt this bad...

And a back view - the crappy iPhone pic doesn't show the shading very well; the paint job is much nicer in real life. I normally don't paint orcs green, but the Zvezda models are obviously going for the GW look, so why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment